21 December 2007

Done and done.

Whew. I am done with all of my Christmas shopping. I make it sound like such a fucking chore, but I spent about three hours out this morning and everything else I ordered online. And part of the time this morning was spent buying shit for myself. And by "part" I mean "most." I bought exactly one present at the mall, yet visited five stores and left with bags from all of them. That's not exactly true. I put everything into one bag because I Love the Earth.

And I managed to get all the food I need for our cousins' shindig tonight and the family Christmas tomorrow. I wish there was an easier way to say "my dad's side of the family." In normal conversation I just refer to "The My Irish Last Names." However, as much personal shit as I spew here, I'm just not at all comfortable with everyone knowing my last name. I suppose I could always pick a random Irish last name and use that. That seems kinda dumb, though.

Tonight should be a blast. My cousins are awesome. Just like the big family thing tomorrow, we will be drinking and eating entirely too much food and getting loud. My sister is bringing Guitar Hero. It's gonna rock.

Ooooh! I got my ugly sweater for the pub crawl next Saturday, too. I spent a bit more money than I wanted to, but my desire to avoid any sort of shopping that doesn't involve food or booze for a while seemed worth spending an extra $10 or so.

Since I took my half-day this morning, I should really get in the shower now so I can work from home, which of course means working pantsless. Sweet freedom! Wrapping all those presents can wait until tomorrow. Or Sunday, when I can do it drunk.

6 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Drunk Gift Wrapping will come back to haunt you. Honest to god....

Where did you find your Ugly Sweater?! Must find one!

Jess said...

I think I've had to rewrap things a couple times during drunken present wrapping, but I've managed to avoid any serious disasters. So far, anyway. *knocks on coffee table with is probably fake wood* *knocks on hardwood floor*

Picked my sweater up at Herbergers. They were 50 percent off. I actually have a zip-up vest, but I can't reveal any more than that!

Totally Jesus, and not that guy you like said...

Jesus hates your self-centered shopping, and wants to know if you got anything cool for that guy you like.

Jess said...

Of course I got him something, Jesus. He just has to come over and get it.

Totally Jesus, and not that guy you like said...

That's Mr. Jesus to you, because you nasty.

Dad, I love that song.

It's my birthday! It's my birthday!

Also, please hate your family. as my buddy Luke said:

"If any one comes to me without hating his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

WORD! (of God. I mean Dad)

Jess said...

Did you just call me nasty, Jesus? I'll have you know that I am a very good girl.

I'd have thought you'd have better stuff to do on your birthday than be fucking around on the internets.