28 December 2007

Attack of the Ugly Christmas Sweaters.

Holy shit, y'all. I nearly forgot about the Ugly Christmas Sweater pub crawl tomorrow! It's been so crazy with the holidays and work, it's been the last thing on my mind. Not anymore, though!

This could turn out to be a fairly massive pub crawl. Friends are bringing friends I barely know, who are bringing people I don't know at all. Shit, my cousin is coming. We didn't ask for an official RSVP this time because I didn't have to buy favors for the drinkers, so I haven't got a good grasp on who is coming and how many people they will be dragging with them.

Some people have yet to get their sweaters and if they fail to participate they will be mocked and ridiculed without mercy. Ragstock apparently has quite a selection, so it's not like they're hard to find. Suck it up and play along, jerks.

I still have to get the fucking prize for the winner. Jesus. I should get on that.

Here's our itinerary. You should come out if you want. Muffy Willowbrook will be there! It's always neat to meet people through the blog.

    1. Liquor Lyle’s – 5:15 p.m.
    2. Red Dragon –6:15 p.m. (Food)
    3. Mortimer’s – 7:45 p.m.
    4. Leaning Tower of Pizza – 8:30 p.m.
    5. The Bulldog – 9:15 p.m.
    6. CC Club – 10:30 p.m.
    7. VFW Post 246 – 11:15 p.m.
    8. The Herkimer – 12:00 a.m. to finish

7 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

I say at 10:00 you cab down to Tailgate for 2 hours for two for ones and too see me then cab back..lol

Jess said...

But I'd miss The Bulldog and CC Club!

Alas, you'll probably have to soldier through your Golden Birthday without me. I'm ever so sorry. Clearly, my scheduling is crap.

JP said...

I love how you use Muffy to entice others :) didn't know she was someone we could use like that.

It sounds like so much fun!!

Jess said...

I figured I'd use someone people might want to meet as the teaser.

You should totally come. Just show up and look for the dorks in the sweaters and ask for me.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I am ever so excited about the pub crawl tomorrow night!

I am bringing a small crew with me - although some were late additions so I'm not sure what the status is on Ugly Sweaters!

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow over some beers!

Big Blue Monkey said...

What if some poor bastard just shows up in their favorite sweater, and the ugly sweater crowd yells, "Over here, Ugly Sweater Person," and that person wants to cry and run away but has to stand around and pretend that they knew their sweater was ugly?

I'm asking because a friend of mine is worried about that. Not me. A friend.

Jess said...

There will no doubt be some not-actually-ugly sweaters. Those people will not be mocked -- they will be praised for at least trying. Okay, maybe they just won't be mocked.

Tell your friend not to worry. We're usually quite nice to newcomers.