27 November 2007

Top 20 Albums of 2007.

I Voted in 89.3 The Current's Top 89 Albums of 2006

Sweet! It is time to pick my favorite albums of 2007. I think I had a much easier time of it this year than I did last year, for whatever reason. Looking back at that list, I feel like I was kind of reaching with a few of the selections (Jim Noir and Guillemots for sure ... Maybe CSS). But this year, it was incredibly easy to pick the 20 albums I've been playing the hell out of.

Okay, so I just got Rogue Wave and Beirut over the weekend. But I know I'll be listening to both albums plenty.

Maybe you don't agree with my choices. And you know what? It's absolutely fine if you don't agree. For example, I know lots of people hated Rilo Kiley's newest album. Whatever. I love it. These are my favorite albums. You can pick your own.

Reading through all the options provided by The Current has left me with a list of about 30 albums that came out this year that I must obtain. I really have to figure out a better way of supporting my music habit.

I don't really have much to say about any of my choices. I'm most surprised about Albert Hammond Jr.'s album. Honestly, I had no idea it would sound the way it does and I really had no idea I would love it. I should note that I have had The Fratellis and Augie March for what seems like years. This would probably be because I got them from friends when they were released in the UK (The Fratellis) or Australia (Augie March). I'll have to check and see when I loaded them into iTunes.

So, without further ado, it's the I was told there would be bacon Top 20 Albums of 2007 (in no particular order):


Check back later ... I will try to provide some samples at the very least.

PS: Who do I have to blow to get a Bat for Lashes CD up in this bitch? Okay, so I've only looked at Cheapo and Best Buy while I was there, but damn. I want to buy the CD. Why is everyone thwarting me?

7 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Hi Jess! I tagged you on my blog!

Jen said...

I only have 5 of those albums. I should really buy/download more stuff but I don't usually listen to much current music. Hell I don't even own an iPod. Help me.

Jess said...

I totally thought you had an iPod. And you'll note I'm helping out with the lack of albums on the list. It'll take me a few days, but I'll get it done eventually.

Nathan said...

Cool, I love lists... and I did vote in the MPR thingy. Thanks for the link.

Jess said...

You're ever so welcome, Nathan!

JP said...

Thanks, you introduced me to a few new albums that I haven't listened to before. Wonderful!

Jess said...

Oh, hurrah! I love turning people on to new music. I hope to have the rest of the links up in the next day or two. This shit takes forever.