30 November 2007

Run for your lives! The snow is coming!

Ah, yes. The first big snowfall of the year is just around the corner. It's all I've heard about last night and this morning. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's certainly in the news and a topic of conversation.

I wouldn't be all that worried about it if I didn't have to drive back from Mankato tomorrow morning. Some forecasts say it'll start snowing in the afternoon, but Barb Abney and everyone else on The Current keep saying it'll start in the morning. I need something more specific than that, dammit.

Though, I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow regardless. That's why I'll be in Mankato. I'm pretty happy with my hair as of late and I probably could wait a little longer (though, my highlights will be blonde soon ... DO NOT WANT). However, my eyebrows need a waxing like nobody's business. God, I can't fucking wait for that pain. I think I've got a tiny problem, y'all.

I hope there is enough time between now and the start of The Storm for me to stock up on wine (which I swear I already did this week). KayGee and I decimated my supply last night when I had people over to watch the football game. I think my investment in the NFL Network was a good one. Macho Man brought me a bottle of Maker's Mark, which is probably just about equal to the cost of two months of the Sports Entertainment Package. Sweet!

Though, I'm not sure about getting drunk every Thursday night through the rest of the year. Wait. What? That's probably just the hangover talking. Impromptu weeknight parties rule!

3 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Impromptu weeknight parties are the ultimate. Keep it up.

Jess said...

Well, if you insist ...

Brian in Mpls said...

I agree nothing like thirsty thursdays and good people