23 November 2007

Purging.

Oh, but not the kind that follows binging. I managed to not eat myself sick yesterday, which was amazing, given the fact that we had so much delicious food. I just realized I haven't eaten a proper meal yet today. When I feel hungry, I just stop by the fridge for a bite or two of sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, Brussels sprouts, corn soufflé, stuffing, green bean casserole or turkey. I've not managed to get back into the cheese (double crème brie and New Zealand sharp white cheddar) and crackers, cranberries or pumpkin swirl cheesecake (Thank you, Jebus). Good Lord almighty, there are so many leftovers.

The purging I did today was in my closet and dresser drawers. I kept running into clothes that were too big for me, and I never threw out the three pairs of jeans I retired (because God, that's so hard) when I dropped a size. Not to mention the fact that I couldn't close my dresser drawers nor could I shove anything else on the hanging rod in my closet.

I've been meaning to do this for ages. I wanted to do it a while ago, but it was still hot and I didn't want to be trying shit on for hours when I was sweating my ass off. So, I finally got around to it today and the final tally is: two bags each for Goodwill and the trash and about 15 t-shirts for my dad. In addition to having to get rid of some pretty new stuff, I did come across things I forgot I had. There are a couple of pairs of pants I can get a bit more wear out of before they're too big.

Now I have to play that dicey game of trying to buy clothes that I can wear for a bit because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be losing more weight. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on stuff and have to get rid of it in six months. But I also don't want to have to recycle the same few outfits over and over again.

Really though, I can't complain too much. I mean, there are far worse things than having to buy new clothes because half the stuff in my closet is too big for me.

As a treat for finally getting around to this, I ordered more undies from Freddie's. Where have you been all my life, Vanessa mesh boy shorts? I think I love you.

4 comments:

Big Blue Monkey said...

I don't know what they are, but I rather like the sound of "mesh shorts."

Jess said...

*sigh* Why do I bother putting links into posts if you don't follow them?

It's terribly easy to investigate further.

Jen said...

I wanted to see your new undies but the Nazi servers won't let me. Must be pretty damn hot.

Jess said...

Well, there is a pretty significant chunk of exposed asscheek. I suppose your server Nazis are right to block it.