28 November 2007

Oh noes! I've been tagged!

Muffy Willowbrook has tagged me. It seems I need to tell you five weird and/or random facts about me. The problem is, so much about me is weird and random, I have a hard time deciding what to say in situations like this. But I'll give it a shot.

1. I do not like strawberries. I love all other berries -- especially raspberries. I'm not sure what it is I don't like about strawberries. But I love that fake strawberry scent -- you know, the plasticky Strawberry Shortcake scent? God, I adore that. Since I never ate strawberries, it made perfect sense for my mom to always make me pick and clean the strawberries from our patch every summer on the farm. I know what Hell is going to be like when I get down there, I guess.

2. The feel of polar fleece totally creeps me out. As do cotton balls sometimes, but usually when they're torn apart. You know, when you have an ear infection and have to stuff cotton in your ears and an entire cotton ball is too big? It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, both the torn cotton and polar fleece. God, I hated touching that stuff when I worked at Dayton's/Marshall Fields. Damn you, Ralph Lauren for using it so fucking much!

3. If I'm not listening to music or otherwise occupied mentally, I will count my steps when I'm walking. If I'm climbing or descending steps, I do it regardless. Sometimes even when I am listening to music, I'll do it. It drives me nuts. It's a part of having a touch of OCD, I guess. Just like my obsession with my concert spreadsheet. Though, I've not updated that in a long time. Huh. Maybe I've broken that one. Yay me!

4. I cannot sleep if I'm wearing socks. Or pants. Or a long-sleeve top. Or a nightgown. Or on flannel sheets. I get tangled up something awful, y'all.

5. I can't stand silence. I need some sort of background noise at all times; usually it's music. I've got a radio at work; my iPod for the gym, bus and any other walking or traveling I might do. The first thing I do in the morning when I leave my bedroom is turn on the TV until I get my computer up and running so I can start my iTunes. I put on music and a fan when I go to sleep. The music stops after a while, but the fan runs all night.

I listen to music or have the TV on when I'm reading or studying. I could never study in the library when I was in school. If my roommate was sleeping, I'd move out to the dorm hall to study. The slightest noise grabs my attention when it's quiet, so I need something constant to cover up all the distracting noises. It makes me crazy to be in a car with someone, even if we're talking, if the radio isn't on. I hate being in a bar where there's no background music. Other people don't even notice that shit, but I can't help but notice it. And then I fixate until something is done about it -- if there's a jukebox, I'm the one remedying the situation.

So, there you go. There are apparently rules for this. They are:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share five facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag five people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Don't break the chain!


I'm going to go ahead and break the rules. I've seen a lot of these floating about the blogosphere of late, so instead I will say if you want to be tagged, just say so in the comments. Then I shall tag you and you can tell us five crazy things about you. Deal? Sweet.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Re #4 - So what does that leave? I suppose I should know what you sleep in since I have slept over at your apartment but I don't.

Jess said...

It basically leaves a t-shirt. Though, when people are staying over, I will wear shorts or these ratty cut-off pants that I've had forever.

So, you see, I'm not completely classless. Just mostly.