26 November 2007

New boots.

Okay, so they're not all that new. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was lamenting my lack of tall, black boots. When I was cleaning out my closet over the weekend, I came across a pair of tall, black boots I'd kind of forgotten I had.

Why did I stop wearing them? I figured it was because they hurt my feet or something. God, I have such a hard time finding shoes that fit me properly and are relatively comfortable.

But what's this? They fit just fine. Great, in fact. The problem came back to me in an instant once I took a couple of steps, though. The left heel was loose. The heel would slide out a bit from under my foot whenever I took a step. It's annoying, to be sure. And what if it broke off while I was wearing them out and about? That would suck big, hairy donkey balls.

There's a shoe repair shop about a block from my office, so I took them over this morning, mentally crossing my fingers in hopes they could be fixed. I mean, it's not like they're a pair of good-quality boots or anything. I think I got them on a random trip through Sears. I probably didn't play more than $25 for them.

But the man behind the counter told me that they'd be fixed for me on Thursday. Yay! Not only will this save me a big chunk of money, but I won't have to look all over the goddamn metro area for a pair of boots that fit -- it's not an easy task when looking for a knee-high boot. The heel is a bit higher and thinner than I'd normally want, but they really seem to work.

I'm so totally stoked.

2 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

Love me some tall black boots...lol

Jess said...

Fuck. They couldn't fix them. *cries*