06 November 2007

Jesus came to me this weekend.

Oh my God, y'all! This past weekend was a really great one, what with the pub crawl and hanging out with The Boy I Currently Like and all that. Oh, but that was not the end of the weekend awesomeness. Not by a long shot.

Remember back in April, when I beat the asses of everyone participating in the I Dislike Your Favorite Team NCAA tourney challenge? Okay, well, maybe you don't remember, but I certainly do. I have been waiting for that statue since mid-April. That's a long time, y'all. College basketball exhibition season has already started up again.

I have to wait no more. After months of intermittent teasing on my part, I Dislike Your Favorite Team's very own Big Blue Monkey (who, as it turns out, is as charming and devastatingly handsome as you would think) finally gave Our Lord to me. And he is everything I could ever have hoped he'd be.



I meant to get some pictures of Jesus and the kids meeting my Homer and Cletus action figures, but I can't for the life of me figure out where they are.

Jesus and those stupid kids probably won't have to wait too long for some company, though. It's only a matter of time before I have the football Jesus to balance the display. 'Cause I'm currently in the lead of the NFL pick 'em contest. Hahahahahaha. Suckers!

3 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Doesn't Jesus know sandals on a basketball court is just ASKING for a sprained ankle?!

Jess said...

Being the Son of God and all that, He can probably use His superpowers to heal His ankle up pretty quickly.

I bet His team doesn't even need a trainer. Jesus just waves his wand or says "Abracadabra" or whatever it is He does and you're back on the court in no time.

Big Blue Monkey said...

And yet, in the hockey statue, he is clearly wearing skates. You'd think a man who could walk on liquid water would find ice an easy medium to tame.

It is an interesting question, rife with Biblical ramifications.