08 November 2007

Itching to spend money.

Because, you know, with the holidays and siblings' birthdays (Happy Birthday little sister!) coming up, it makes a ton of sense for me to spend a bunch of money on myself.

It's not all completely selfish. There are things I actually need. Like some new clothes. Most of what I wore last fall/winter/early spring that is appropriate for this time of year is too big for me. Yay and all that. My blush and powder have been reduced to rubble and dust. I need mascara because the last time I was in MAC to buy some, they gave me charcoal brown instead of coal black. I used it, but I was just biding my time until I went back to get what I really wanted.

I don't desperately need new bras. My Naughty Puppies with Pink Noses do not seem to have been affected by the weight loss, though I'm on the verge of going down a band size, I think. The bras could possibly wait. However, I'm really just not fond of a couple of them and what with having a boy around to see the bras, I want some new ones. Frederick's is having a sale -- I should get them while they're cheaper, right? And if I go with the red, I'll probably need new undies, too. I mean, I kind of have to be matching if the ensemble is going to be seen. Besides, I just feel prettier and more put-together when my bra and undies at least kind of match.

What about footwear? I don't have a pair of black boots. How did that even happen? How can I make it through winter without a pair of tall, black boots? My gym shoes are nearing the end of their lifespan, as well. But those might be able to be stretched out a bit longer, since I haven't been having that pain in my hip for a while now. Oh, and socks. Where the hell do all of my socks go?

It's a good thing I'll be getting a little extra money this weekend. I'm staying at my aunt and uncle's while they're gone somewhere to make sure my cousin and the daughter of a family friend don't burn the house down, or worse; have a party. It always feels a little weird taking money from family to do a favor, but if it makes them feel better, it's the least I could do. And since I probably won't have shit else to do on Saturday after I'm done at the gym, I suppose I'll just have to do some shopping.

6 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Live it up! A girl's gotta treat herself right, ya know? Especially when it's practically free money.

Jess said...

Bless your heart for validating me, Muffy.

Brian in Mpls said...

Scratch that itch:)

Jess said...

Well, if you say so, I probably should.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I love Brian's comment! I'm going to steal that.

Jess said...

The scratching has begun. I just placed a $100 Freddies order. Yay for new bras!