20 November 2007

Don't call it a comeback.

After four consecutive losing weeks, The Bob Saget Fan Club is now on a two-game win streak and back in sole possession of first place in whatever division of my fantasy league it is that I am in.

I was really getting worried there for a while, y'all. I lost Andre Johnson, my superstar wide receiver. Then I lost Ronnie Brown, my superstar running back. Then the quarterbacks. That bastard Bill Belichik absolutely refuses to let Laurence Maroney run the ball. Kurt Warner couldn't throw a pass to Larry Fitzgerald if his life depended on it. Oh man, it looked dark there for a while.

I tried blaming The Boy I Currently Like (he really needs a new name) for my losing ways, because I didn't suffer my first loss until he came over to watch football. I suffered my last loss the last time he was over. So, I guess it wasn't his fault.

This week, my one-two punch from the Houston Texans, quarterback Matt Schaub and the aforementioned Andre Johnson returned and my team racked up more than 100 points (thank you Arizona Cardinals defense, by they way). I feel like a corner has been turned and things are right with the world again.

It would figure that my NFL Pick 'Em skills would shit the bed when my fantasy team starts winning again. I should never have said anything. Big Blue Monkey was right when he said I was sounding cocky. When will I ever learn? Probably never. I think I'm now in third place for the coveted Jesus playing football statue.

Really, though, winning money in my fantasy league is more important than the statue. Why, I could purchase my very own statue if I win money in my fantasy league. I could, but I would probably blow the money on make up and/or booze.

But I won't get ahead of myself. I'm still in a precarious position. The Bob Saget Fan Club must keep fighting.

Soundtrack for this post? LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out," of course.

4 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

How about calling him Crinks a blend of cute and jinks?

Jess said...

But where does the "r" come from?

I actually have something in mind and have had it in mind for a long time. However, I'm not prepared to bust it out just yet.

Jen said...

How awesome is Bob Saget anyway? His stint on Entourage was genius.

Jess said...

I'd like to point out that the naming of my fantasy team came before Bob Saget's resurgence in pop culture.