07 November 2007

All clear on the northern front.

I had a letter in my mailbox from my clinic's radiology department when I got home yesterday. Good news! My boobies are normal. Well, mammogramically speaking, at the very least.

Now, it's not like I was all that concerned about them finding anything in the mammogram. After all, I'm young and my doctor just wanted a baseline. However, having received a cancer diagnosis 13 years ago, that worry in the back of my mind never goes away.

The letter said I'm due for another one next year. My doctor left me under the impression that I would get the second one in two years and then start them annually in five years. Then again, I'd been hearing different things since I was about 27 or 28 about when, exactly, I would need to start getting my tits squashed and x-rayed.

It's not like a mammogram is the worst experience in the world. But, if I can have a few years in between while I'm younger, I wouldn't complain.

Regardless, I'm terribly happy that The Girls and my lady bits are all healthy. I feel like I should celebrate. Perhaps a couple of new bras would be appropriate. Though, some fondling would be more fun.

5 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

Glad your girls and lady bits are ok:)

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Excellent Report! Well Done!

Jess said...

Oh, why thanks y'all.

And I'll pass your sentiments on to The Girls and whatnot, Brian. They're always glad to hear people care.

Big Blue Monkey said...

I wonder why Basketball Playing Jesus wasn't given his kudos for making those lady bits healthy.

Jess said...

Maybe it's because I got the lady bits all clear a month before Jesus came to live with me?

Also, I'm not sure I want to go to Basketball Playing Jesus with my reproductive health concerns. I think a better bet would be OB/GYN Jesus.

His statue would probably be something along the lines of Jesus standing behind the doctor and reminding him to warm up the speculum before he starts the pelvic exam.