30 October 2007

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

If I wasn't so damn lazy, I'd go back and search Ye Olde Blog Archives to see if there is some sort of hormonal/pill-related timeline to my having ugly days. Alas, I am so damn lazy and I will be doing no such thing.

My hair has been driving me nuts for what seems like forever. It's not that big of a deal during the week. I mean, why not put it up at work? I'll be going to the gym later and it has to go up then. What's the point of wearing it down at all? Because OMG, IT'S TOUCHING MY NECK and I apparently can't stand that. Plus, it's hot as balls in my office.

Since I had my annual exam nearly a month ago and pumped my doctor for a ton of new prescriptions, my skin has been looking about 90 percent better than it had been. Yay! Until today, of course. Fuck. Guess I should have started those new birth control pills right away instead of waiting to use up my old prescription. I mean, I have a $0 copay on my generic prescriptions (but I pay out the ass for my name-brand asthma meds. Assholes). Why the fuck would I care? I suppose I don't care, I'm just an idiot. Still, this minor breakout is nothing compared to what I had been dealing with. Guess I should quit my bitchin'.

Over the weekend I felt like I'd gained back each of the 20-some pounds I've lost over the last few months, and then some. Fortunately, after a decent workout last night I no longer feel that way. In fact, I'm pissed that yet another shirt I haven't worn for a couple of months is now too big (and I didn't really realize it until well after I'd arrived at work). Honestly, I will clean out my closet one of these weekends. Just not this weekend. Or next weekend. Maybe over Thanksgiving? Definitely before Christmas. I hope.

The good thing about ugly days is that they're usually just that -- ugly days. This too, shall pass and whatnot. If the weather would decide what it wants to do (70 today, 50 tomorrow!), I think that might cure a lot of what ails me. In the meantime, I'll just sit here and be ugly and thank the Baby Jebus that I don't have to see anyone until the weekend.

6 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Feeling ugly SUCKS! Best to employ mood altering substances until it passes.

Jess said...

Amen, sister. Thank goodness I stocked up on wine at Trader Joe's last week.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Do you walk out with a case at a time like I do?

Jess said...

Sadly, I don't have a ton of space ... well, anywhere, to put a case of wine.

I usually get half a case. But I'm there constantly -- like twice or three times a week on my way home from the gym.

JP said...

I feel your pain! Thank god for alcohol.

Jess said...

Alcohol also gives you a reason to look like hell. It's win-win!