23 October 2007

Of all the places to eat fried chicken ...

The bathroom is probably not the most appropriate venue. I just returned from my mid-morning hair scrunching session (my gel tends to leave my curls a bit crunchy, but I have to wait until my hair is completely dry to bust out the Aveda defining whip, lest I ruin my curl formation ... or something) and while I was in the bathroom, a girl came in chomping on a piece of fried chicken.

Ewwwwwww. Who eats in any bathroom, much less a nasty, public bathroom? I'll take a drink or coffee in the bathroom with me at home, but just while I'm doing my make up. Out the drink goes if the hair dryer comes on, or God forbid, the toilet is going to be flushed. I do make exceptions when I'm out drinking. If there is no one to watch my drink while I'm in the loo, I'm taking it with me and taking my chances. Besides, alcohol kills germs, right?

It's not like I'm a super germaphobe or anything. But there are just some lines you don't cross. At least she finished eating (and wiped her hands off!) before she went in the stall.

4 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I used to have a roommate who would eat while ON the loo...ew.

Jess said...

Well, she's efficient? Hahahahahaha.

I'm not sure which is worse, eating in the bathroom or talking on the phone while you're taking a dump. Perhaps they are just equally bad.

Big Blue Monkey said...

In my day, we did not discuss these matters at all. What sort of woman talks about the eating habits of her fellow Rest Station attendees?

These coarse women, and their "open" discussions are everything that's wrong in America.

What happens in Minneapolis bathrooms should stay in Minneapolis bathrooms, not be broadcast for the world to see and discuss.

Heterosexually Signed,
Senator Larry Craig, Heterosexual

Virginia Belle said...

OMG, i am totally with you on this! i have the SAME rules for bathrooms and eating/drinking! just the thought of bringing food into the bathroom, esp a public one, makes me gag! i will finish up whatever i'm chewing on before i enter the bathroom, even at home. and drinks are a definite no no, except in the case you mentioned -- but the sink area where i do my makeup is separated from the toilet by a door in my house. so it works out nicely.

cool. thought i was the only one. now i feel normal. :)