24 October 2007

I almost forgot about the pub crawl.

My life has felt kind of whirlwindy lately (good in some ways, not-so-great in other ways), and so random things have been slipping my mind here and there. For example, I completely spaced on posting about the Light Rail Pub Crawl, as I said I'd do a couple of weeks ago.

I'm doing a shitty job of keeping track of RSVPs and I need to get our buttons ordered by the end of the week, because they have to be in my grubby little hands by next Friday. And we can't have a pub crawl without our theme buttons. No. That just wouldn't do at all.

Here's the itinerary for next Saturday (November 3):

    1. Gluek’s – 5:00 p.m.
    2. Rail Station Bar & Grill – about 6:15 p.m. (Food)
    3. Cardinal Tavern – 7:45 p.m.
    4. Whiskey Junction – 8:30 p.m.
    5. The Joint – 9:15 p.m.
    6. Kieran’s Irish Pub – 10:00 p.m. (Food stop #2)
    7. Lyon’s Pub – 11:00 p.m.
    8. Sneaky Pete’s – 12:00 a.m. to finish.


Doesn't look too bad, does it? I like the idea of heading out of downtown and then coming back. When I started thinking about this, I just assumed we'd start out toward the end of the line and work our way back in. But the Gopher Homecoming football game kind of put a crimp into that plan. And starting downtown and just heading out seemed kind of weird. I think this pub crawl lends itself better to people joining up at random spots along the way than the Northeast Pub Crawl did, which is a bonus.

So, dear readers, if you're interested in joining the fun (I'm looking at you, Muffy!), drop me an e-mail today or tomorrow and I'll add you to the list and get you the rest of the details.

As soon as this one is over, there will be little time to waste before planning the Uptown Reindeer Pub Crawl for the week between Christmas and New Year's. Wheeeeee!

2 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Love Pub Crawls! I've committed to some good ol' Wisconsin Fun at a Euchere tourney that night; but it's not a done deal. Will find out and let you know! Count me in on the Xmas-NY one for sure!

Jess said...

Clearly, a pub crawl cannot compete with the magic that is a Wisconsin Euchre tourney.

The group identifiers for the holidy crawl will be so much better than they are for this one, anyway.