26 October 2007

Everyone at drink! sucks.

In my regular morning perusal of the Star Tribune today, I came across this gem on vita.mn: Alexis on the Sexes: Drink me.

The question Alexis answers is this: Why do girls at Drink suck so much?

Alexis thinks the girls at drink! do not suck. I'm going to have to disagree with her, and go one further -- everyone at drink! sucks. Why? Because drink! sucks.

Now, I will freely admit that drink! is not the bar for me. I've only been there a handful of times (really, like four times total). I'm not sure I've spent more than an hour in there any of those times, either. It even pains me to type the name the way it appears on the sign/website/free drink passes that are ubiquitous downtown.

I was just at drink! two weeks ago after the Interpol show because ... well, I don't really know why. And I don't know what about the bar is so freakin' bad that I can't stay there for any amount of time. I mean, it doesn't seem that different from the rest of the bars I generally avoid in the Warehouse District. Yet, I can usually tolerate most of them -- sometimes even without copious amounts of alcohol running through my body.

Not drink! though. I cannot get drunk enough to stand to be there. That place makes me want to slit my wrists. When we were there a couple of weekends ago I couldn't even finish my free drink before I was dragging everyone else out of there. And I was really drunk.

Thankfully, I've never needed the advice Alexis dispenses later on in the column about going to bars that suit your personal taste better. I am going to spend the rest of my days avoiding that place.

7 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I wholeheartedly agree. drink! sucks out loud and have only once stepped foot in there. And apparently they didn't check with me before putting in ANOTHER one in Uptown.

Jess said...

Ha! I just about rioted when I found out they were opening the Uptown location -- I lived on Hennepin and 31st at the time.

Guess I'm glad that my building converted to condos and I had to move over to Lyndale.

Big Blue Monkey said...

Alexis is not to be trusted. In that article she said that "AXE Bodyspray is better than nothing." Only date-raping financial advisors from Toronto think that is true.

Anyone know if she went to St. Thomas? Oh, SNAP!

Jess said...

BO is better than AXE body spray. I can't believe I just typed that. But I'm pretty sure it's true.

You private school grads and your taunts make little sense to my public institution-attending ass.

Erica M said...

Drink is the epitome of horrible bars where recent graduates go to try to hold on to their frat boy/sorostitute lives. I've never been to the downtown one, but I hate the uptown one with a passion.

JP said...

I'd have to agree that The Drink is one of the worst bars ever. I have a hard time just walking by it. However if you are into decent free HH food, they do a decent spread. STILL not enough for me to go there.

Jess said...

Yeah, not even free food can turn the tide of my hatred.