04 September 2007

Ugly.

Do you ever have an ugly day? Lord knows I do. Currently, I'm at about three weeks worth of consecutive ugly days. August was pretty much an ugly month. And here we are, already a few days into September and the ugly just. won't. STOP.

My hair has been weird. I mean, it's seemed a bit weird the few times I've actually been able to wear it down. It felt like I had no other option but to put it up when it was so hot and then when it rained for what, two weeks straight (I may be exaggerating a bit), it would just never get dry and I couldn't stand to have it touching me. Then again, I'm past due for a visit to the stylist, so maybe after Friday all will be well with my hair.

Also, I feel like I've been cultivating some sort of zit farm on my face. I'd blame the weather, but my skin didn't seem this bad when it was hot as balls earlier in the summer. I'm 33 years old for the love of Christ. So much for my skin clearing up when I get older. What the fuck good is doing all the right things -- eating well, exercising, drinking plenty of water, sleeping -- if they don't make a damn bit of difference for me?

The only time my skin has looked good was when I was seeing a dermatologist. I kind of stopped all that when I started taking The Pill because I was on antibiotics continually and well, I'd rather be not preggers than have super-clear skin. Plus, there's the whole taking antibiotics EVERY DAY and my system getting used to them and what happens if I contract some drug-resistant strain of something and my constant taking of the antibiotics has left my body defenseless thing? Honestly, though, keeping my womb zygote-free is my main priority at the end of the day.

I think the time has come where I need to go back to the dermatologist. I just can't fucking deal with this any more. Nothing that is touted as a miracle cure by everyone else in the world has worked for me. Proactiv? Hahahahahahahaha. I use Bare Minerals foundation and that always gets the "my skin totally cleared up after just a few week's use." Not me. It does cover well, though. Thank God.

Maybe I've psyched out my skin ... usually when I'm at my wit's end and ready to take the belt sander to my face my skin looks about 100 times better the next morning. Seriously, though; enough with the ugly days.

2 comments:

Christine said...

This post contained the best sentance I have read. Ever.

Jerious Norwood said...

Now, now... I don't like reading this kind of negativity. I just spent some quality drunk time in your fair city, and I can attest to the fact that there is much be excited about... which, as Paris might say, is hot.

Besides, maybe if you told us your bra size you'd feel better. Huh?