16 September 2007

I am "The Hipster."

This weekend, I found out that my friend Macho Man has given me a nickname. When talking about me to his other friends, he calls me "The Hipster." I suppose it's only right that someone give me a nickname, since I give everyone nicknames in this blog.

But, this is a blog. I'm trying to protect the anonymity of my friends who many not want their names splashed all over the interwebs. Besides, outside of a handful of readers, it's probably more helpful to know someone as Blondie or The Social Worker instead of Becky or Loretta (I even make up real-sounding fake names!).

Before Macho Man met my friends, I am pretty sure I called him by his given name. I mean, I got the nickname Macho Man from another friend after she met him. So, it was a bit hysterical when I met a bunch of Macho Man's friends this weekend that they already knew me as The Hipster. Because I've got some unconventional ideas and tastes, I guess. It's not completely untrue, either. It's kind of cool that my reputation precedes me. Guess I have to live up to it now.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Is Macho Man the gym rat friend of yours I met at Fuyiya over the summer? Then we went to Stellas or whatever that awful uptown bar was?

Jess said...

You know it, sister.

Jerious Norwood said...

Is he hot?

Jess said...

Everyone but me thinks he is.

Dynamo360 said...

Hahaha I have similar experiences with folks. I kind of like being thought of as soemone just a little left of center and unique. :D

My current nickname in the house I am living at is "Nuka" short for Chanukah as my first name starts with a similar "CH" sound. And because I am a Jew I suppose, lol.

Kristin said...

Jerious, Jess ... I don't think he's hot. He's .... hmmm .... amusing, I'd say. Totally fun to flirt with. And, a little immature. But, harmless. Speaking of hot, he's got the hots for you, Hipster.

Jess said...

He may have had the hots for me at one time, but I'm pretty sure he's over it.

Big Blue Monkey said...

How to live up to that Hipster nickname? Perhaps spend a week doing nothing but taking in indie bands in the dive bars around the Twin Cities.

Wait a second...

This Macho Man sounds like bad news.

Jess said...

Oooh, that sounds like a most excellent idea, Big Blue Monkey. However did you come up with it?

Macho Man isn't necessarily bad news ... he does buy me drinks often.