07 September 2007

Harvest.



It's the time of year when my mom dumps her garden on her children. She brought all the stuff in the picture up to my nephew's football game last night. That was just my haul. The four steaks she brought me were in the freezer and I didn't feel like pulling them out just for the picture. "Ooooh! White butcher paper. What a great photo." Man, that woman loves a sale -- be it on clothes or meat.

Now, it's not quite the same bonanza she brought me last year. My apple pie is still at home, as is a chicken and God knows what pork products. I won't fret. I can get a couple of those things when I head down there tonight. My freezer is much more full this year than it was last year, so I need to make some room.

It's not like I won't be seeing the crap out of my parents over the next few months. Between the football games and my cousin coming to town twice to run cross country at the U, it's going to be family month x100. It always seems odd how I can go so long without seeing them and basically from here on out to the end of the year I'll probably see them every other week, if not more than that.

Now, who wants apple crisp?

(Happy Birthday to The Social Worker!)

7 comments:

Jerious Norwood said...

Who is the 'Social Worker'?

Jess said...

She is one of my very best friends.

You see, I've been trying to steer clear from using my friends' real names.

Jerious Norwood said...

How come? Are you ashamed of them. I've always used my real name.

Jess said...

Of course I'm not! However, some people like to protect their anonymity. They're not all public figures like you, Mr. Norwood.

Jerious Norwood said...

It is a burden at times. Though I must admit that the adulation and all the groupies tend to make up for it. I just wish I had more time to help all of those truly in need. If only that wouldn't interfere with my social calender. Oh well, thank goodness for Social Workers. Happy birthday.

Jerious Norwood said...

By the way, no need to refer to me solely as Mr. Norwood. 'Sir' will do nicely aswell.

Jess said...

At least your heart is in the right place. Or something. Sir.