23 August 2007

Pub crawlin' III: It's almost here!

After all the planning and agonizing, the Northeast Pub Crawl is almost here.

I'm über stoked about it. Christ, I need something to be excited about with all this dreary weather. There were so many days this summer I wished for a gray, rainy Saturday after the unrelenting heat and sun. I guess all the wishing everyone did had backlogged or something and now we're getting them all at once. And my hair hasn't been fully dry since Friday.

But, back to the pub crawl ... I'm kind of surprised at the number of people who were interested. I mean, I knew there would be a core group of people who would be there regardless. For a while it looked like there might be just that handful of people. Then it was 11, 13, 19 and now we're hovering around 25. Awesome! I'm ever so glad I ordered those extra buttons.

It's going to be quite the task to keep this group together and on schedule. But I will be armed with a cowbell (Sweet!) and a loud voice.

    1. Spring Street Bar & Grill – 5:00 p.m.
    2. Moose on Monroe – 5:45 p.m.
    3. Vegas Lounge – 6:30 p.m.
    4. Legends – 7:15 p.m.
    5. U Otter Stop Inn – 8:45 p.m.
    6. Mac’s Industrial Sports Bar – 9:30 p.m.
    7. Keegan’s Irish Pub – 10:15 p.m.
    8. Whitey’s – 11:00 p.m.
    9. The Bulldog NE – 11:45 p.m. to Finish

That looks like a good schedule, right? A nice mix of places? I really hope people have fun. I put a lot of time and thought into this. Not to mention the $50 or so I dropped on the buttons. Granted, it was fun because it completely satisfied my somewhat obsessive nature when it comes to schedules and plans and whatnot. But it was still quite the undertaking.

The only thing left to do now is the drinking.

No comments: