08 August 2007

Pub crawlin' II: This is hard.

I did finally get my wish to plan a pub crawl, but I really didn't think it would be this hard.

This scheduling is killing me. I'm still waffling between starting up around Psycho Suzi's or starting over around the Vegas Lounge. I'm leaning one way, but it might be easier to plan for a longer stay somewhere we can eat if I go the other way. GAH! Then I'll have to make the map and all that ...

I have accomplished something, though. After hearing from a couple people that buttons/t-shirts were necessary, I found some buttons online that kind of encompass our theme. Oh, there were grand ideas of buttons featuring things from 1977 (Jimmy Carter, Star Wars characters, Elvis, various punk rockers), but I'd have had to make those buttons and I don't know the first thing about button-making. Or where I'd get buttons made. Especially such a small quantity. There was the idea I had at the gym the other day -- a guitar and a light saber clashing like swords. But again, a total DIY project. And people, I'm not crafty.

So, now I have to get people to actually RSVP. For whatever reason, I have some friends who seem to just refuse to do it. It's like herding fucking cats to get people together sometimes. And I don't want to nag. But at the same time, I don't want them to show up and not have a button. Naturally, I'll buy a few extra. They're only like $2 a pop. Still, I'm not made of money.

Blah, blah, blah. It's going to be a blast and the time I'm spending planning it will totally be worth it. Plus, it'll make the next one that much easier. Do any of you local folks want in? Saturday, August 25, starting around ... oh, I don't know. Fiveish? Let me know by Friday! I'm looking at you, Sarah. What's not to love about getting drunk with strangers?

2 comments:

Mr. Shain said...

if there were more pictures here and fewer words, that would really help me read this.

Jess said...

I'll see what I can do about that in future posts.