13 June 2007

Vintage Silva.

Hot motherfucking damn! Carlos Silva just pitched a complete game shutout! Is it just me, or did this totally remind you of the complete game shutout he pitched against the Angels back in 2004? Yes, I know Bert mentioned it during the broadcast, but I remember it on my own, thankyouverymuch.

Okay, so I didn't even get home from the gym until 8:00. And when I saw the Twins were up 6-0 I decided it would be lovely to sit out on the deck and have a beer. Then of course, I had to shower. But I totally watched from probably the middle of the sixth on through the end. But still, it really did look like the 2004-vintage Silva, what with all the double plays turned behind him (Little Nicky Punto had a particularly lovely one).

OH! Was that a tear rolling down his face just now in the post-game interview with the always-fantastic and completely adorable Marney Gellner? Upon further review, it was not. Thanks to the miracle of the DVR, I tracked the sweat from his forehead and into his eyebrow, where it tracked down to look like a tear. I'd totally love to get hammered with Marney sometime, by the way.

Earlier today, I was disinclined to agree with the esteemed Jerious Norwood about the Twins getting hot, but after this game I've changed my tune.

5 comments:

Jerious Norwood said...

Its amazing the difference part of a day makes, isn't it? And didn't Mr. Silva have a kid or something while he was pitching? That's impressive.

Jerious Norwood said...

Oh, and I'm not sure that I'm actually esteemed very often, though I've tried (trust me), but thanks for the sentiment.

Jess said...

It would have been totally impressive if he'd actually had the kid himself. Someone else did the hard work on this one. Still, though ...

Jerious Norwood said...

See, thats the problem with media today. ESPN totally reported that out of context... just like the Clinton Portis dogfighting snafu.

blythe said...

i gotta get me a sport. i'm missing out, obviously.