29 June 2007

So very sore.

I took the day off work yesterday to help my sister and nephew move into their new pad. We were at it for nearly eight hours. My arms are so sore today that I very nearly couldn't get my arms around behind me to fasten my bra. I'm amazed I can type.

At least we had a lovely day for it. We moved them into the apartment they are vacating the day Korey Stringer died. That day was not so lovely.

Still, there was something immensely satisfying about finally coming home and taking a shower after a day of physical labor. It was better than the best post-workout shower I've ever taken. And some of those post-workout showers are pretty awesome.

It's so gorgeous outside right now. It's fucking criminal that I have to be inside. I should be at home working on the deck. But no, I have to be in the office. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. It's not exactly criminal. Still, I hate wasting a beautiful day like this.

*sigh* Maybe someday I'll be a kept woman.

11 comments:

Jerious Norwood said...

All you had to do was ask, and I would've sent Big Blue Monkey over. And the going rate is a 12 pack of PBR every couple of hours... you can't beat those prices with a stick.

Jess said...

Does he know you're whoring him out as cheap labor for cheap beer?

More importantly, do you get a cut of said cheap beer?

Jerious Norwood said...

Probably not...and probably not, but he could stand the exercise so I think its more or less a win, win proposition.

And by the way, he wouldn't work for your "good" beer, he won't touch the stuff. I'm telling you, if you find a line on some old school PigsEye, you've found the key to his heart.

Jess said...

What do you mean "old school" Pig's Eye? They had Pig's Eye at the beer festival I went to last month.

Or do you mean literally old school, like leftovers from the Pig's Eye I drank in high school?

Jerious Norwood said...

Shit, really? I thought they had discontinued it. Well that's great, you have the key right there. Now, don't be careless with it.

Jess said...

I shall use my powers for good. Well, most of the time anyway.

Greg said...

Nothing better than a post-workout shower.

Well, besides sex. And a cold glass of sweet tea. And, crap, well okay, there aren't many things that are better than a post-workout shower. Yes.

(Nice blog!)

Christine said...

When I win the powerball, I will totally give you a cut of a cool $2 million so you can reach your "kept woman" dreams.

Or are you not a kept woman if the money doesn't come from a sugar daddy but comes from a friend?

Hmmm...does it matter?

Jess said...

Oh no. I won't discriminate. Anyone can make me a kept woman!

Kristin said...

Did I ever tell you I waited on Korey Stringer at Ruby Tuesday's way back in the day? It was 2001 I think. Before he died. He and his wife. I had no idea who he was, but someone else I worked with did. They - the other workers - made me ask him for autographs. He signed them, wasn't exactly enthusiastic, but did anyway. Nice of him. I still have it somewhere.... Man, that guy could pack it away. May he rest in peace.

Jess said...

You never did tell me that. I used to see him out at the clubs back in the day. You know, when he was alive and I went to places that athletes frequented.

Also, OH MY GOD YOU'RE COMMENTING ON MY BLOG!