21 June 2007

Let's get physical.

I know I will regret using the name of that Olivia Newton-John song as the title for this post later this afternoon when I'm STILL SINGING IT IN MY HEAD. But such is life.

I haven't been to the gym for a WEEK and it's making me crazy. Oddly enough, I'm terribly happy that it is making me nuts. It means that I've gotten into enough of a groove with working out that I feel gross and stressed out if I don't go. Okay, I did get a bit of time on the treadmill on Saturday and given the amount of sweat I produced while cleaning my car right before that, it almost seems I could count that as a workout. It doesn't feel right, though.

Because I went home last weekend, I missed my yoga class on Saturday. Now that wouldn't have been such a big deal if I'd been able to make the Tuesday or Wednesday class this week. But I had to babysit my nephew and then see Feist and Grizzly Bear last night (really, I had to). So not only do I feel gross and stressed out, my whole body feels tight. I can't wait for class on Saturday. I will not stay out too late or drink too much tomorrow night because I will get there. My knees were killing me this morning, as well. That may or may not be related to the break from the gym. It could also be this weather.

Now, you may be asking, "Why don't you get your lazy ass up and go to the gym in the morning?" I did try once to be a morning workout person. The experiment lasted a month or so and involved me being at the gym around 5:30. Keep in mind, I was staying with my boyfriend at the time who lived on the other side of town. This meant I was up before 5:00 to make sure I was awake enough to be able to drive across town to my gym.

I would feel great and full of energy when I was done. The feeling would last until roughly 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning; then I'd crash and be left to face the remainder of the work day plus another five hours or so of my part-time job with zero energy. I can barely function in the morning as it is and I'm amazed the experiment lasted as long as it did, quite frankly. Plus, Carrie said last night that if I became a morning workout person, she'd have to break up with me.

Naturally, my time away from the gym coincided with several crappy meals. Deep fried pickles? Why yes, thanks! God they were good, though. I've managed to mostly keep up with good breakfasts and lunches. And the food I ate at home wasn't totally terrible. Mom always makes sure we get our vegetables. But I notice how much better I feel when I eat decent food. It makes eating healthier easy, which is pretty awesome.

So it's back to the gym tonight and a full day of eating good-for-me food. I'll be back on track in no time. Sweet!

6 comments:

Jerious Norwood said...

Clearly the thing to do is quit your job. While a person needs to be psychotic to want to get up BEFORE work in order to work out, a lovely 10 or 11am workout begins the day very nicely. Capice?

Jess said...

A late-morning trip to the gym is fantastic. And I usually do that when I work from home.

If I quit my job, I'd no longer be able to afford my gym membership. Unless of course I had a sugar daddy. But honestly, I just don't think I'm capable of what's needed to land and keep a sugar daddy.

blythe said...

oh, you do. we all do. it's the answer to everything. i'm hoping. but like you, i hang out with the gays too much to make any headway.

Jerious Norwood said...

What, in your opinion, are the most important qualities necessary to secure a sugar daddy? In fact, this screams full blog entry to me.

Jess said...

Okay, there's no option for a full blog entry about that at this point. I just got home from the whole Pride thing and I'm really drunk.

Anyway, I think important qualities for a girl who has a sugar daddy are things like, stupidity, willing to fuck old guys and um, that kind of thing. I'll just stop now.

Christine said...

Katie Holmes can do it. Why not you?