20 June 2007

Fun while it lasted.

I told you that writing about it would jinx me. When will I ever learn? Probably never. Of course, I don't really believe that I can jinx something by simply talking about it. I'm not that dumb/superstitious.

No, it's that there is something seriously wrong with me. But after all these years, I just can't figure out what it is. I'm not that crazy. And I think I hide my crazy fairly well. I'm not clingy -- in fact, I'm so concerned about appearing clingy/smothery that I make a very concerted effort to be the anti-clingy. I'm the Bounce sheet of dating, if you will. It's always outdoor fresh up in this bitch.

I have awesome platonic relationships with guys and can do the booty call thing without getting the least bit attached. I just can't seem to put the two halves together into a whole. But you know what? I'd rather have the life I have now than be celibate and friendless. Or you know, have only female friends where all we did was sit around and bitch about men and how much it sucks to be single and how so-and-so is getting married and SHE'S YOUNGER THAN US. I'd be a cutter for sure, y'all.

It's for the best, anyway, because Detlef was not a stellar smoocher.

7 comments:

Christine said...

That's it! I'm totally giving you a hug and telling you I love you!

There is nothing wrong with you!

kat said...

You are better off. Poor kissing technique would have ruined it in the long run anyway.

Jess said...

Yeah, bad kissing is a total deal-breaker.

Christine, my darling, you're the best. I totally adore you, as you well know, but there is PLENTY wrong with me. Lord knows I'm not perfect, but I try dammit.

Are you doing any Pride stuff this weekend?

blythe said...

i think male friends and/or booty calls are definitely the way to go. perhaps the only way. i hope.

Christine said...

Jess- I would love to do some pride stuff at some point. Call/txt me!

OC said...

Hi - First time commenter, but I love the blog. I know EXACTLY what you mean about the whole "jinxing" of something by mentioning it to friends or on a blog... however, when you don't obsess about it somewhere, that's no fun either. What to do? Keep writing :-)

Jess said...

Thanks for breaking your comment seal, oc!

You're right, the only thing I can do is keep writing. And it works. Because I essentially stopped caring as soon as I'd written it. Well, save for the drunken conversations with my girlfriends on Friday night. That's kind of something that simply must be done, too.