30 May 2007

Today's the day.

I'm finally breaking down and putting my air conditioner in after work today. I think. I've held off because a) it's a pain in the ass (actually the back, and mine has been bothering me lately) and b) it hasn't been that hot. However, I was so motherfucking cranky this morning after getting ready in my humid apartment that it would seem the time has come.

I was going to ask Macho Man to help me, but I want to get it done like, now, and I hate owing people favors. Plus, I did it on my own last year. Then, I had no idea what I was doing. I tried it in the kitchen before I figured out it needed to go in the living room. And I realized after all that I needed wood pieces to put under it so the water would drain properly. This year? I know what to do (and how to avoid cutting the shit out of my hand on the back of the unit).

But I hate losing that window. I love having my windows open. And it's supposed to be in the 70s for a few days after today.

Bah. Maybe it can wait. My laziness and desire to get to yoga on time may make me wait. And I highly doubt it will get done after yoga. It would have to be unbearably hot. I have this thing about waiting until it's nearly unbearable before I use the AC.

I apologize for wasting your time by writing all that. Should there be more blood this year, I'll take pictures so you can revel in my punishment for writing a shitty blog entry.

Side note/product rave: I'm in love with Cherry Coke Zero. Perhaps I don't really remember what regular Cherry Coke tastes like, but if memory serves, it tastes pretty much exactly the same. It's delicious!

5 comments:

Miss M. said...

Regular Coke Zero tastes just like regular Coke, too. It's perfect for those of us who don't like to drink actual pop.

Jess said...

I think I had the short-lived Diet Coke with Splenda, which also tasted just like regular Coke. I should really try Coke Zero.

It messes with my head though. I keep thinking that I'm drinking tons and tons of sugar.

(The AC is in and ON, baby!)

Kaiser said...

I just encountered the Diet Coke Plus this weekend at a Mem Day party. I like to think of it as the Gatorade of Diet Cokes. Doesn't that make it 15-20 different versions of Diet Coke out there now? When does it end! The next thing you know, there is going to be a Diet Coke Plus Plus, where they just add the sugar back in, but still call it Diet Coke.

Jess said...

I've heard about this Diet Coke Plus of which you speak. I'm not sure how I feel about vitamins in my soda. I should be all for it. Yet it seems weird.

You're probably not far off, Kaiser, on the Diet Coke Plus Plus. "Diet Coke: now with extra sugar!"

Am I the only person who remembers Pepsi One?

Jess said...

I'm currently drinking a Coke Zero. It's pretty tasty, but seems to be lacking a little ... oomph, I guess. Still, it's not bad.

I wonder if it will have the same hangover-curing properties as regular Coke.