09 May 2007

One more for the road.

So, Drive 105 is gone. I'm certainly not broken up about it. God knows I've heard the Red Hot Chili Peppers enough at this point in my life.

Even though I stopped listening to Drive when The Current came along and I got my iPod Nano, I visited the website to enter their contests about once a month. They sent me to some decent shows over the past few years -- Ed Harcourt's acoustic show at the Ascot Room (with Sondre Lerche and Rachael Yamagata), Snow Patrol, um ... I'm sure there were a few more. But I can only remember shows to which The Onion sent me all of a sudden.

But wait! There was a message on my phone yesterday afternoon from Drive 105. Turns out I'm on the guest list tonight to see Peter Bjorn & John at First Ave. Thanks, Drive 105. That's a nice last hurrah. And yay me!

3 comments:

L'Austin Translation said...

Awwwwwwwww. Lucky duck!

L'Austin Translation said...

Oh, have you SEEN the ACLfest lineup??!

This is the year to attend!

Jess said...

I have seen it indeed. It sure looks pretty fucking kickass.