14 May 2007

A case of the Mondays.

BLAH. I really hope this is a case of the Mondays and not another extended bout of PMS. Perhaps it's family-hangover. Even when it's a pleasant visit, spending a day with my family wears me the fuck out.

Took my nephew to see Spider-Man 3 Friday night. It was a bit of a let down, but it wasn't terrible or anything. I'm still giggling about emo Peter Parker. My nephew liked it, but was a bit put off by all the kissing. And there was a lot of it. Booty Call Matt said he heard it was a date movie. But really, can't any movie be a date movie? Are The Fifth Element, Sphere, Get Shorty, Murder at 1600, Gladiator, The Avengers and Event Horizon date movies? Because I saw all of them on dates.

For some reason I have this feeling that I have nothing to look forward to at the moment. That may be kind of true for this week, but in the grand scheme of things it couldn't be further from the truth. There's BRMC a week from tomorrow, the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie next weekend, a day off work, beer festivals, block parties and other crap. I think I just need to go to bed early tonight or something. Everything will look better in the morning.

It's Whatshisfuckingface's birthday today. I hope he gets shitty gifts.

9 comments:

Waaaah! said...

This:
"Took my nephew to see Spider-Man 3 Friday night. "

Plus This:
"Booty Call Matt said he heard it was a date movie."

Plus This:
"It's Whatshisfuckingface's birthday today. I hope he gets shitty gifts."

Is very telling. By the way, you go on dates? We had no idea. Maybe it's time you go on one ha?

Jess said...

Sweet! I've got my very own blog stalker. I really feel like I've made it. My heart is swelling with pride and all that.

How on earth did I know that you'd comment today?

L'Austin Translation said...

I laughed my ass off at S-3, especially the break up scene. There was even some snorting laughter. And what was with the "70's meteorite" bit with the musical and the Travolta-esque dancing?

Ha! I was almost sure your stalker asked you out on a date... then I had to read the last sentence a few times.

blythe said...

i hope he gets shitty gifts too.

also, i'm unsure of the origin of the name of this blog (you've probably said, but i'm bad at reading), but recently, when i find myself disappointed about something, i mutter, i was told there would be bacon. maybe not what you meant, but it has definitely entered my vocab and is perfect for expressing those moments of moderate dissatisfaction.

Jess said...

My friend hoped for a case of gonorrhea for him. Hahahahahaha.

I actually have never really said where I got the name for the blog. I have an internet acquaintance who would always include it as an option in message board polls. And I always thought it was a fitting choice for me, being the daughter of a hog farmer and all.

So, you're totally using it correctly. 'Cause if someone told me there was going to be bacon somewhere and there was no bacon -- man, I'd be seriously disappointed. You can't tease like that. It ain't right.

Jerious Norwood said...

Can I apply for the 'Stalker' position?

Jess said...

Will you be a fun stalker? If so, please do apply.

Jerious Norwood said...

As you can probably tell by my tardy response, I'm not the most diligent of stalkers. That said however, I'm willing to engage in most of the fun stalker activities that are usually called for in the 'biz'. I can do creepy stalker guy particularly well, but you've got to give me time to get into it... if thats what you're into.

Jess said...

Hey, far be it from me to tell you how to do the stalking. I say go with your gut and do what feels natural.

And I'm all for lazy, intermittent stalking. We're all busy people.