02 April 2007

Opening Day!

First of all: Fuck you, Blogger. I lost my post and have to write it all over again. Now back to your regularly scheduled blog post, which I will be sure to back up before I dare try to publish it.

Finally. It seems like it has been forever since baseball season ended. And here we are again, starting the season with the Twins mourning the loss of an institution.

Normally, I'd say "fuck that" when it comes to the NCAA championship game tonight. Because, hello! IT'S OPENING DAY FOR THE TWINS. And I seem to suddenly lose interest in college basketball after the Final Four games are played. "There's only one game on tonight? Screw that." However, I have renewed interest in tonight's tussle. If Florida wins, I get the Jesus statue.

It will be difficult for me to root for the Gators, as I hate all things Florida when it comes to college sports. Why, you ask? Why not? Even though I'm a Big Ten girl at heart and always cheer for other Big Ten teams once the regular season is over, I can't bring myself to do that for Ohio State. Also, I think it would be hilarious for OSU to lose both the national football and basketball championships to the Gators. It's probably not so hilarious if you're a Buckeye fan, I suppose.

Lucky for me, there shouldn't be too serious of a conflict. There should only be about an hour overlap between the two events. Plus, I have picture-in-picture. Fancy, I know! Even if both games ran at the same time and I didn't have picture-in-picture, not even Jeebus posting up a couple of little kids could keep me from watching Supernatural pitch tonight.

4 comments:

Erica M said...

I think it would be hilarious for OSU to lose both the national football and basketball championships to the Gators

I wholeheartedly agree. But then, I went to Michigan.

Jess said...

I would cheer for Michigan (and have done so many times) in the postseason. I don't know what it is about OSU that makes me exclude them from my "cheer for Big Ten teams" policy.

And it turns out that the whole losing both national championships thing was hilarious. Sweet!

Brian in Mpls said...

I stopped paying attention to basketball as soon as I was out of the money in my brackett picks..lol

Some good Twins action last night though :)

Although as a rule of thumb I will never go to an opening day game again.

Jess said...

I think opening day at a Twins game is kind of like the other amateur nights out there -- New Year's Eve and St. Patrick's Day. But they don't have Johan Santana.