03 April 2007

I'm a winner!

I'd like to thank the Florida Gators for helping me to win the NCAA tourney bracket challenge over at I Dislike Your Favorite Team. I've had my heart set on the Jesus statue since the prizes were announced.

Once Big Blue Monkey stages the elaborate awards ceremony, I'll post pictures of my newest cherished possession. I look forward to many nights of drinking with Jesus watching over me.

It wasn't that many days ago I was blogging from the deck and mentioning that we were still statistically due five to six additional inches of snow before the end of snow season. Guess what's falling from the sky right now. Well, there's not much of it at the moment. But the forecast says two to five inches. Because Mother Nature is a cruel mistress, I'm sure she'll unleash hell in about an hour and a half.

Quite frankly, I expected it. Spring in Minnesota is notoriously cruel -- a couple of gorgeous days followed by a day that would be fitting of June, followed by a significant cool down, followed by snow within a week to 10 days. I might just be making all that shit up, but I remember it happening often enough that it probably happens nearly every year. In my mind, anyway.

These are the days people aren't thinking of when they speak wistfully about the new Twins stadium. It's the second night of the season and there's a home game and it's going to be snowing. Oooh! Oooh! Sign me up for sitting outside in this crap for three hours! I know the Dome sucks, but people will miss that roof early in the season and (hopefully) during the playoffs. Not so much on gorgeous summer nights, though. It'll all even out, I guess.

3 comments:

blythe said...

heh. we're getting a "cold front" down her in OK. it's going to be in the low 60s this week. that's all i can contribute since i don't follow the baseball.

Jess said...

Oh, why must you taunt me so? It's 26 degrees here.

blythe said...

ok, i take it back. it's going to be 40something with snow tomorrow. WHAT? i did not sign up for this.