30 April 2007

Home sweet home.

I'm so excited to go home after work today. Okay, I'm excited most days to leave work and go home. Or anywhere, really. But I've spent four nights away from home. I was just staying at my aunt and uncle's place out in the suburbs while they were out of town; watching the dogs and making sure my cousin didn't throw a kegger. It just seems like forever since I was home.

My apartment may not be everyone's idea of kick ass. Hell, it's not even really my idea of kick ass. I love it, though. I love the deck. I love the hardwood floors and high ceilings. I love my bed. I love it because it's home. And all my stuff is there.

I like the routine of my life, even if it is a routine and a sometimes boring one at that. But I don't ever really get bored with it. I'm not sure that makes sense.

I like taking the bus to work. I like coming home from work to fuck around for a while before I go to the gym. I like coming home from the gym and taking a shower before I have a drink and fuck around some more before it's time to go to bed. I like the little breaks from routine -- going to happy hour, seeing a band, going to my nephew's baseball game or skipping the gym to sit on the deck and read.

You know what? I like my life.

4 comments:

kat said...

I don't oft comment here but..

I was waiting for the express subway the other day. I had my headphones in and I was just this blend of a person in a crowd waiting to go to work. And I thought to myself - I really like my life. It's not special but it satisfies me.

So I totally get what you are saying. Enjoy it! Your life ROCKS!

blythe said...

way to be. i applaud you. nothing like a realization of contentment, you know?

L'Austin Translation said...

There's nothing like fucking around at home. Seriously. Sometimes that's really all you need.

Jess said...

Yay for being content! Like Kat said, my life is nothing special on the outside, I'm sure. But it's my life and I'm happy with it.

And fucking around at home last night was most excellent.