28 March 2007

Nerdilicious!

I have never been one to get geeked up over whatever new stamps the Post Office is releasing. I actually hate having to choose when I go buy stamps.

No, I don't want the Love stamps. What's that? No, I just threw up a little in my mouth. No, I don't want the Christmas stamps even though I'm mailing Christmas cards.

But, um, the Postal Service (the guys who deliver your mail, not the band) will be releasing stamps at the end of May to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars.

It seems they're being released as a stamp set and then you can vote on which single stamp among the 15 gets it's own sheet. This is all a little confusing to me, as I'm not a philatelist. I'm just a Star Wars nerd who wants to mail her rent check with Boba Fett gracing the upper-right corner of the envelope.

Seriously -- I'm totally stoked about this.

6 comments:

blythe said...

hot damn. just remember to save some for your children so you can have that awkward moment when they realize you're more than a mom, you're also a nerd. see, this is the kind of crap comment i am talking about.

Jess said...

Hey, at least they wouldn't have a mom who sold their precious Star Wars, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony shit at a garage sale.

Not that my mom did that. And not that she kept my brother's G.I. Joe guys at the same time because he might want to give them to his kids.

Christine said...

See! This is just the kind of thing that gives me hope for the human race. Star Wars stamps will make this world a better place. I am totally excited, too!

Edward Buendia said...

Star Wars will never make this world-or any world- a better place. Our generation was strapped with this franchise in our formative years and it has nothing but produced money and hype: the movies themselves? Questionable in quality to say the best. meh. I suppose I'm a pessimist: even as a 5 year old I was a contrarian and thought the kids getting the SW toys were tools. Now Voltron.. well, that's another sitch altogether.

Christine said...

Yes, Buendia, we can blame Star Wars for the blanding of the popular taste, but they are great movies with mass appeal and I grew up with them which is an added bonus. I feel lucky to be counted as Generation X for that reason.

blythe said...

my mom did that too. and i'm still pissed. we coulda paid for college with that shit if we'd just had the foresight to keep one in the box.