19 February 2007

... a dead mouse in a sink ...

I have been singing The Stills' "Of Montreal" nonstop since Saturday. However, I didn't see a dead mouse in a sink. I did see one on the basement floor on my way to the laundry room. And said mouse was most certainly not turning me on.

I managed to walk past the corpse of Stuart Little several times on Saturday. Hey -- I needed clean underwear. A friend asked if I was going to be moving because of the mouse issue. The thought hadn't even occurred to me. Sweet! This means that I am getting tougher or that I'm just really fucking lazy. Perhaps it's a little from Column A and a little from Column B. Or more than a little from Column B.

And since I've mentioned The Stills, I just can't get over how horribly disapointing I found their second album to be. Logic Will Break Your Heart was brilliant. I still love it. I wish it was on my iPod because I want to listen to it RIGHT NOW. I listened to it on Saturday after my run-in with dead and bloated Stuart Little, but that wasn't enough, apparently. I need more.

Their sophomore effort, Without Feathers, was mediocre at best. I couldn't figure out what was so off about the album. It finally dawned on me about halfway through their show at the Varsity Theater a year ago. The lead vocalist on all but one track on their debut album didn't sing much on the second album. He may not have had lead vocals on anything on the second album. I can't recall because I can't remember the last time I listened to it. That was the most disappointing show I saw in 2006. It's a shame, really.

No comments: