02 January 2007

The New Year's Resolutioners.

Anyone with a gym membership knows who The New Year's Resolutioners are. Well, a gym membership that you use regularly, I guess. They're the folks who flock to the gym in droves starting January 1. Okay, so I'm not entirely sure if they actually start on New Year's Day, because I'm usually spending the day in a hungover haze. But I know they show up on January 2.

I don't have as much of a problem with the people who know what they're doing. Maybe they fell off the workout wagon and decided this was as good a time as any to get back to the gym. That's cool, I guess. It's the newbies who drive me nuts. They don't know how to use the equipment, they don't know gym etiquette, they show up and take all the machines and force me to adjust my workout schedule.

I shouldn't be so nasty. They're trying to better themselves. I just wish they weren't doing it at my workout time. At least I know the bulk of them (hahahaha, bulk) will be gone in about six weeks.

New Year's Resolutions aren't my thing. I made one a couple of years ago that I actually kept, though. It's a multi-year project -- reading the classics that I've never read. I might conquer my list of 100-plus books someday. Did y'all make any resolutions?

1 comment:

Christine said...

There's no crowd in my workout area: the street! There's plenty of room outside to get active! And it's free and there's no disgusting sweat smell.