09 January 2007

Maybe yoga will help.

It was good to write the crabby rant yesterday. As soon as I finished writing it and hit the "publish" button, I felt a little better.

I felt a great deal better by the time I had finished up at the gym. Though, my hopes that the Resolutioners might not be out in full force because of the national championship game went unfulfilled. There are too many foreigners and gay dudes at my gym for people skipping a workout to watch football to make a difference in attendance. I even made time to give myself a shoddy pedicure last night.

Still, I thought I'd gotten everything out yesterday in the blog entry and last night at the gym. Guess not. I'm antsy and stressed out today. I feel totally scatterbrained. Actually, I am totally scatterbrained today. I left my wallet in my gym bag (I hope). I don't really think I'll need it for anything, but it's just stressful to not have it with me. What if I need my ID for some completely random and totally unforseen reason? Also, I forgot to put deodorant on this morning. So, of course, I'm freaking out about that. I keep checking to see if I stink and I think that's stressing me out and making me sweat a little and OH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND I'M GOING TO BE DRENCHED IN SWEAT AND THEN I'LL REEK.

I seriously considered going home to put deodorant on and check to make sure my wallet was in my gym bag. I would have probably just stayed and worked from there. However, I'm being oddly productive today and I would probably feel even worse if I left to go home for such a lame reason. Going home and coming back was totally out of the question, because that would have grated on me even more.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though. I have yoga tonight. I know that will make me feel awesome. I get to go to Target after and I might buy myself a treat of some sort (socks on clearance? nail polish? the possibilities are endless). Tomorrow is pay day and I can run all my errands that have been piling up.

I feel more calm already. I can only hope it gets better from here. And I can only hope I remember to put deodorant on before going to the gym tonight.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: