28 December 2006

God, I love Mary Lucia.

When Mary Lucia starts her shift at The Current every day, I not only know I'm very close to leaving the office, but I'm assured she will play at least one song that absolutely knocks my freakin' socks off. Today is no exception.

The Playlist
Thursday, December 28, 2006

3 - 4 PM
3:33 Prince - Purple Rain
3:29 Mark Mallman - True Love
3:26 The White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl
3:22 Teddy Bears - Ahead of My Time
3:16 Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 - Killing Me
3:13 Mike Doughty - No Peace Los Angeles
3:08 The Poems - See the Sunrise
3:01 El Michels Affair - Walk On By

*sigh* Is it time for another Purple Rain party?

2 comments:

Sister Mary Martha said...

Think of it as time off of your Purgatory sentence.

Big Blue Monkey said...

I feel much the same about Mary Lucia. She's actually played songs I was writing an email to request, or played a song just as I was thinking of it. She's borderline scary. It's like she's in my head, man!

She also has a habit of saying things that make me laugh out loud in my car by myself. She makes me one of those people who I eye suspiciously at stoplights--the kind of person who is clearly laughing/smiling/reacting to nothing.