27 November 2006

Year-end lists.

I Voted in 89.3 The Current's Top 89 Albums of 2006

Of course, I had to write in The Slats. I voted for 20 of my favorite albums from this year. There were plenty on the list that I wanted to vote for, but couldn't because I have yet to obtain the album or I have it and haven't given it a proper listen yet. I've come into a ton of music over the year and I'm slogging my way through it as best I can.

My 20, because you care (in no particular order):

South, Adventures in the Underground Journey to the Stars
Editors, The Back Room
The Raconteurs, Broken Boy Soldiers
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, Broom
CSS, Cansei De Ser Sexy
The Decemberists, The Crane Wife
Band of Horses, Everything All the Time
Snow Patrol, Eyes Open
Neko Case, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
The Roots, Game Theory
Elbow, Leaders of the Free World
TV On The Radio, Return To Cookie Mountain
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Show Your Bones
Gnarls Barkley, St. Elsewhere
Guillemots, Through The Windowpane
Jim Noir, Tower Of Love
Wolfmother, Wolfmother
We Are Scientists, With Love & Squalor
Grizzly Bear, Yellow House
The Slats, Boom Patrol

1 comment:

Edward Buendia said...

Christine played The Slats for me: I was not into it; but hey, you can like them for the rest of us.