16 October 2006

Sexy Rexy?

Muhsin Muhammad was just introducing the Bears' offensive players on Monday Night Football and called Rex Grossman "Sexy Rexy." I have many problems with this. It's like the square dance caller at my nephew's program last week saying "wiggety wack" over a song that sounded like it was from "Revenge of the Nerds." Or it's like this quote in the Star Tribune from Robert Fitzgerald, the Independent Party candidate for Senate.

"There's not much we can do," Fitzgerald said. "I'm not personally disappointed that I'm not invited. It's not a dis on me. I don't think Tim Russert's hating on me or anything. But I am dismayed, I guess, that 'Meet the Press' is not willing to reflect the race as it's happening here in Minnesota. Minnesotans know that they have three major-party candidates that they get to choose from."

Now, you may be saying, "Jess, don't hate the playa, hate the game." But an aspiring politician, young or not, should not be saying Tim Russert is or is not hating on him. And you can't call Rex Grossman "Sexy Rexy" when he's up against Matt "Please don't give me eye herpes while I gaze lustily at you" Leinart. It just ain't right.

1 comment:

L'Austin Translation said...

Reminds me of the time that Terry Bradshaw said, "I'm a suppository of knowledge."

Great moments in American football history!