17 October 2006

Happy Hour.

I'm itching for some social interaction, which is a little odd. I mean, I just spent all weekend drinking with my family in Milwaukee. But, I think I need a Happy Hour. A Happy Hour that starts after work on Friday and ends with me getting a cab home at bar time wondering, "How the hell did that happen?" I had a few of those nights back when The OC was around. We'd head out after work to get some drinks before a Wolves game or some other event; and then there I was, home at 2:00 a.m., puking because he bought me a shot of whiskey even though I told him I was going to puke if I did said shot of whiskey.

A party would be fun, too. I've been meaning to have an apartment warming party, but I can never seem to find a good weekend. Friday would be too soon. And by the time I get around to it, the urge will have passed.

Maybe I can wait until Saturday. I think Carrie, BC and I are going to see The Hopefuls at O'Gara's. However, I miss The Independent ever so much. I don't get there nearly as much now that I live on Lyndale instead of Hennepin. Anyone wanna go? Come on. You know you do.

Also, after I went on this rant, I can't believe I forgot my Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm when I left for Milwaukee on Friday. I couldn't find it anywhere. I was forced to use Blistex, which was a poor substitute. The Blistex, combined with the bone-dry hotel air, left my poor lips reeling. I'm embarking on a visit to either Sephora (DANGER! DANGER!) or Ulta this evening to pick up some Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant. My attempt last night at using sugar as a cheap home remedy was, well, a cheap home remedy. It kinda worked, but not really. So, I'm going to get professional (and expensive, unfortunately) help to get my soft lips back.

No comments: