11 October 2006

Bulky.

I always hate this first actual cold day in Minnesota. And it's not even really all that cold. I mean, it's still 34. That's above freezing. But still, this is the day where you have to wear a real coat. The day you have to wear real shoes. The day you should really know where your gloves, hat and scarf are located and have them handy.

After work last night, I checked to see if I did indeed still have my hat, gloves, scarf and detachable fake fur collar for my coat. By some miracle, I did. It took me mere seconds to find everything and it was all in the same place. I'm not sure how I made that happen, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Some people embrace the cooling temperatures in the Fall. Like, for example, this guy who rides the 4 home everyday with me. Since it hit about 65, I've seen this guy in his leather jacket, big gloves and an earband. Me, I was still just wearing a sweatshirt as a jacket. I try to avoid winter clothes as long as possible. But now that I ride the bus, I'm forced to dress a bit more practical. However, I'm not busting out winter accessories until the temperature dips below 40 or I'm going to be outside for long periods of time.

Oddly enough, even though the first snow seems early this year, I'm not nearly as freaked out as I usually am. Granted, it was just a few flakes here and there this morning. Maybe I'll embrace the winter this year. Hahahahahahahahaha. Just kidding.

In the meantime, I'll go about my life, slowly getting used to feeling bulky, to wearing all these layers, stuffing my pockets with my gloves (and hat if I can), confining my feet to shoes with substance (not my beat-the-hell-up chucks) and trying to get my hair dry before I walk out the door in the morning.

1 comment:

Edward Buendia said...

I love, love Fall: Winter I just get through: summers in the Strange Land, however, nearly sap my will to live... Twins lost: Ha ha! Oh wait, my team lost too.