03 September 2006

Bert curses a blue streak.

I sat down to start watching the Twins take on the Yankees today and heard Bert Blyleven apologize for his language. He said he thought that he and Anthony LaPanta were being recorded.

I was dismayed. What could Bert have said to make him apologize? And how could I possibly have missed it? Whatever he said, it certainly wouldn't be the first time he'd made some questionable statements.

Then I remembered: I have a DVR. And I'd been on the same channel since before the game started. I tried to wait until Matt Garza got through the Yankees in the bottom of the first inning, but after he walked Giambi (note to Giambi and the rest of the Yanks: MUSTACHES ARE FUCKING UGLY), I just couldn't wait any longer.

I'm still not sure how I missed it. I must have been walking to another room and tuned out momentarily. Bert and Anthony were going over yesterday's game, when Bert says:

"Ah, Jeter, we're going to do this fucking thing over because I just fucked it up. Oh, we're live. I didn't know that."

AWESOME.

To his credit, Anthony LaPanta didn't miss a beat. I wonder what Dick Bremer would have done, had he been working the game.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I have no idea who these people are, but mustaches ARE fucking ugly.