30 August 2006

Now with more weeping for humanity!

I'd like to first state that I came to this story via The Superficial.

Let us try to get beyond the fact that this guy is making a sculpture based on the shit of a baby who has famous parents. And that the same sculptor made that abomination of Britney Spears giving birth. What really made me want to tear my hair out was this statement:

"It's partially a statement on modern media that 'celebrity poop' has more entertainment value than health, famine or other critical issues facing society and governments today," the Capla crew said in a statement, "and also the absurdity of the media coverage on Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' new baby, Suri Cruise, which has reached stellar proportions, eclipsing far more notable events with more substance."

I can't believe this assclown is trying to talk about the entertainment value of famine. There is no entertainment value in famine. Trying to equate celebrity "news" with actual news or actual events "facing society and governments today" is just plain fucking stupid. I bet this assdart posts get-well messages to horses on the internet.

I agree to an extent with the latter part of the quote. However, all I ever really hear about media coverage on Suri Cruise is from The Superficial, or maybe "Best Week Ever." Where are all of these media outlets that are obsessing on some stupid baby? I don't watch E!, nor do I read People/US Weekly/whatever other entertainment rags there are. I manage to shield myself fairly successfully from all of this celebrity bullshit unless someone is making fun of it. And I don't have much trouble finding news of famines or other important issues facing society and governments.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to head home and start drinking myself to death.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh man! That's so conceptual!