02 August 2006

It's always the damn weather.

Just when I thought it was safe to let my guard down, Office Pirates directs me to this story and I have to think about you and wonder how you're doing. You're not in Johannesburg, I know. Given what little I know, though, anything about the country throws me into a tizzy. Perhaps "tizzy" isn't the right choice of word here. It's nothing that strong. It's unpleasant, nevertheless.

Oh, it's a minor setback, to be sure. Just this morning I was thinking about how I've come tantilizingly close to the "Meh," stage. It's happened much faster than I thought, actually. So, I'm tired after actually using my brain at work for once. I'm hungry and I have a headache. I'm at a vulnerable point in my day, dammit! I knew I should have clicked on The Superficial instead. Stupid brain.

This is nothing a lovely walk home from Uptown, followed by reading (and drinking) on the deck while doing my laundry won't cure. I'll be back to not caring in no time.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Beer cures everything.