15 August 2006

Asthma is sexy.

That is what T-Shirt Hell would have you believe, anyway. You would think that since I've been dealing with asthma virtually all my life (diagnosed at the ripe old age of one), I'd be used to it. But I'm not. It's been highly annoying the past two days. It's one thing to be a bit short of breath when I'm walking around the lake. However, it's another thing entirely to be just as out of breath when I'm sitting at my desk.

Asthma or not, my walk kicked ass. I very nearly didn't go, as I am almost as wiped out as I was yesterday. I got far less sleep last night, though. I barely moved off the couch from the time I got home from work yesterday until bed. It was a struggle to keep my eyes open. As soon as I crawled into bed, though, I was wide awake. DAMMIT. I popped four Benadryl and watched an episode of The X-Files until I was tired enough to go back to bed.

As tired as I was after work today, I did manage to talk myself into the walk. I'm glad I did. My quad stretches after the walk were especially lovely.

There were so many gorgeous dogs around the lake today. One even had a cute boy with him. Seemed to be more golden retrievers than anything else. I want a dog SO. BAD. Seeing people out walking with their dogs makes me so envious. I know, though, that I don't have the time or the money for a dog. Some day I'll get settled enough so I can have one, though. I'll be ready for that responsibility and commitment. Maybe.

Only two waxed chests today. I saw many once-black-but-now-faded-to-a-weird-dark-blue tattoos on the backs and shoulders of overly tan guys. Uh-gly. How 'bout some sunscreen Sparky?

1 comment:

Dennis Watson said...

Hello, I like your blog. I wanted to let you know that I operate a Free Classifieds and Free Directory website where you can advertise your blog for free. If you or your visitors are interested please visit http://www.zeoh.com/