25 July 2006

Jesus plays with balls.

I remember seeing these Jesus Inspirational Sports Statues a while ago (maybe at SomethingAwful?) and thinking that, even though they are being sold by a company called CatholicShopper.com, they seem only slightly less wrong than the Baby Jesus Butt Plug.

I Dislike Your Favorite Team provided excellent descriptions of the figurines. But Off The Baggie just took it to another level with "Jesus says: Get that shit outta here!"

I really have to wonder what I would have done if I received one of these pieces as a First Communion gift. Does the God-fearing public see nothing weird about these statues? Why are they disturbing and hilarious at the same time?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think they're awesome, but I am sure certain denominations would have issues with them. They remind me of those figurines TLC sells, which are also awesome.