06 July 2006

How to make my day, in 10 words or fewer.

I wrote recently about how I allow little actions or words from people with whom I interact to affect me on a fairly deep level, either positively or negatively.

This time, it's one simple sentence that totally made my day. Jen was in town over the weekend. On Sunday we drove to Duluth to see Wilco. On the way up, my favorite Slats song came up on the iPod Nano and I made a point to tell Jen. She asked if they were on MySpace and I said they were indeed. I meant to e-mail her the link or something, but of course I forgot. She just sent me an e-mail saying that she sent a friend request to The Slats last night and got a response that said "any friend of Jess' is a friend of ours."

Now, I don't really know why something so simple made my day, but it did. And that's really all that matters.

No comments: