27 July 2006

Am I really that picky?

Or that shallow? I'd recently noticed a cute guy on the bus during my ride home. He was my bus boyfriend for the ride home. My Bearded Bus Boyfriend was for the ride to work. However, he's now beardless and only on the bus sometimes.

Back to my new, Bespectacled Bus Boyfriend. Yesterday, I guess he ended up sitting behind me. Somewhere along the way, I heard someone talking rather loudly on their cell phone and looked to see who was being the assdart. It was my Bespectacled Bus Boyfriend. This wasn't his most horrible transgression, though. His voice was so. damn. annoying. And like that, my short-lived crush was gone.

The torrid affair with my Bearded Bus Boyfriend pretty much ended when he shaved the beard. I also realized he has a very small mouth. Granted, these examples are merely little distractions to pass the time while I'm stuck on the bus. I've been too unfocused and scatterbrained to read, so I listen to music and stare out the window. Or sneak glances at my cute fellow busriders.

It's not like I'd ever date either of these guys, so the annoying voice and small mouth shouldn't be an issue to me. But ... is it symptomatic of my greater picky or shallow nature? Am I really that horrible of a person? Wait. Don't answer that.

Self-examination is great and all, but I don't like the things I'm learning about myself. I recently came to the realization that I'm as crazy as most other women. Now I'm figuring out that I'm picky and shallow. That's not who I thought I was; it's not who I want to be. I also have no right to be picky or shallow.

What's next? I'm high maintenance? Please, not that. I don't think I can take it if I realize I'm one of those girls who says she's not high maintenance when everyone else knows for a fact that she is. I don't want to be that girl.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think you can afford to be picky and shallow when it's a bus crush, or really any kind of crush that will not lead to anything.
The only thing I miss about taking public transit on a regular basis are the cute boys. In fact, I still have one from last summer I still hope I'll run into again (actually saw his picture in someone else's profile on plentyoffish.com).
Hmm. Blogger is acting up and this is a really long comment.