24 April 2006

Strange.

I actually want to go to the gym tonight. I have no idea where this feeling came from or how long it will last. However, I do know that I really need to take full advantage of it.

I've been gradually getting back into working out regularly, initially to deal with stress about Whatshisfuckingface. The weather getting nicer and nicer has spurred me to walk around the lake a bit more often. The two years I spent in Mankato really made me see how great it was to live in Minneapolis. One of the things I missed so dearly was living close to Lake Calhoun and being able to walk around the lake instead of having to hop on the treadmill at the gym.

I mean when this is your view, how can you not want to spend as much time walking around the lake as humanly possible?



I really wish there was a yoga class tonight, but alas, I have to wait until tomorrow. A little cardio won't kill me. It's also nice that I've seen a fairly immediate result since I've been back at the gym. Not major results, mind you, but results all the same.

Perhaps having my iPod with a kickass gym playlist has helped with the motivation, too. Doesn't matter what the reasons are, though. I'm just thrilled to feel like I actually want to work out.

No comments: