06 April 2006

Charlie Murphy rode my bus today.

Okay, so it wasn't really Charlie Murphy, but the guy looked enough like him that it was all I could do to keep myself from yelling out, "Darkness!" at the top of my lungs.

I've been meaning to write about my bus driver for a while. The guy who drives the 6A that picks me up at 4:31 p.m. is awful. I'm astounded that I don't have whiplash after riding on Jerky McSlamonthebrakes's bus every day for a few weeks. Though, I probably shouldn't expect a whole lot from a guy who wears his Metro Transit cap about three sizes too small.

I finally figured that I would write about him tonight and wouldn't you know it, he wasn't driving. We were almost all the way downtown when I realized that I hadn't been jerked around in my seat once during the ride. I hope the woman who was driving today drives more often.

The bus was packed today. Partly due to the rain, I'm sure. And partly due to the fact that the bus I took was running late. I grabbed the 4F because, hey, it was pouring rain and the bus was there. I should have waited a few minutes and just taken the 4C. It pulled up right behind the bus I rode right as I was getting off at my stop. Meh. What are you gonna do? I got home just fine.

No comments: