24 April 2006

Another week.

Another Monday. Though, this one doesn't seem as awful as they usually do. It's odd that would be the case, because I have nothing to look forward to for a while now.

Last Monday, Carrie and I went to see South at the Varsity. We very nearly didn't go, as we were both tired (on a Monday no less ... makes for a very long week) and cranky. But we got all revved up after watching Oprah (yes, Oprah) do a show on the working poor. That's another blog entry for another day.

The show was excellent. Both opening bands were great, and that's a feat in and of itself. It's pretty rare that I go in not know anything about the opening band(s), and even more rare that I like them on the spot. It's always a nice change. Carrie was trying to be a good wingman after the show when I talked to Will, who isn't a member of the band, but collaborates and tours with them. Bless her heart. She tried.

On Thursday, we had tickets for Death Cab for Cutie and Franz Ferdinand. However, our crankiness and tiredness were even more pronounced by then and we decided not to go. I didn't want to waste the nearly $40 I spent on my ticket and Carrie suggested we go sell them. Duh. Sometimes I'm so dumb. We make $20 back on each ticket, so it wasn't a bad deal. After being accosted for directions by a carload of 16-year-old girls, I knew we'd made the right choice.

The next show on my radar is The Subways on May 11, I think. Hopefully I'll see something before that, but it's quite possible I won't. I've spent more than enough time and money on shows in the past couple of weeks. But it was well worth it.

No comments: